Meet Nichola Nichola Bird has been breeding exhibition budgies for under three years and exhibiting for just two show seasons. In 2018 she showed at 16 shows around the country and this year 2019 at 23 shows to try and...
Leeds BS Young Stock Show cancelled The 'Virtual Show' takes it's place on 14th June DETAILS Due to the coronavirus the Leeds BS Young Stock Show which is held annually has had to be cancelled. But that doesn’t mean we...Read More
DARTFORD BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY MEETING DATES FOR 2020 CLUB VENUE ADDRESS:- PHEONIX PLACE COMMUNITY HALL, PHEONIX PLACE, DARTFORD, KENT, DA1 2XG Revised – Monthly Club Evening Program 2020 19th March Round Table...Read More
Only 7 members attended the 1st meeting of the Warwickshire BS. Some members were unable to attend due to work. The seven who made the effort had a pleasant discussion on a variety of topics. If you know Bruce Greenway his...Read More
YORKSHIRE BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY MEETING DATES FOR 2020 Details below taken from YBS Website YBS AGM 22ND FEBRUARY 2020 Lock Lane day centre, Castleford. Society AGM 2.30pm start YBS DINNER & DANCE 11TH APRIL April, Kings...Read More
- How cold is too cold?Hi everybody, I'm just wondering what is too cold for my budgie to go outside. We're all on lockdown and its warming up, so I'd like to take him outside and let him enjoy in his smaller cage. Our grass is untreated and he likes to roll in it, lol. Its currently 54°F today. I […]
- Look who arrived in the post today..Image: https://i.imgur.com/I25ktTT.jpg Image: https://i.imgur.com/jviFTfk.jpg
- Newspaper and magazinesHi everybody, Just a quick question. Is newspaper and/or magazines safe to use for lining the bottom of the cage? Obviously right now I'm trying to conserve paper towel. Thanks! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
- A Cardinal That's Half Male, Half Female April 7, 2020In Texas, Pennsylvania, and elsewhere, people have reported seeing Northern Cardinals that are red on one side and brown on the other, indicating that a bird is half male and half female. This anomaly occurs in other species of birds, as well, not just cardinals. Insects, too!
- Hummingbird Migration Myths April 6, 2020Does a hummingbird migrate by hitching a ride on the back of a goose? Not exactly.
- Sage Thrasher and Sagebrush April 5, 2020The glorious song of the male Sage Thrasher rings out every spring from tracts of sagebrush throughout the West. Sagebrush was once widespread in the Great Basin region, and so were the thrashers.
- Walk Down an Arroyo April 4, 2020Arroyo means "stream" in Spanish. With mesquite, yucca, and cactus along their edges, arroyos in the Southwest fill with water only a few times a year, mostly during the heavy rains of late summer. There's a remarkable diversity of wildlife here, including this Pyrrhuloxia.
- You Could Take a Pigeon to the Movies April 3, 2020A movie runs at 24 frames per second, just right for humans to sense as normal speed. Pigeons process the visual world several times faster. The frantic car chase that puts us at the edge of our seats would likely appear—to a pigeon—more like a slideshow or PowerPoint.
- House Sparrow - Introduction April 2, 2020The House Sparrow was first introduced into the US from England in the 1850s and has spread across the country. The name "House Sparrow" fits it well, because – from Bangor, Maine to San Diego, and Alaska to the Panama Canal – it's found nearly everywhere people live.
- Eoornis - A Bird of the Gobi Desert April 1, 2020The critically endangered Eoörnis of the Gobi Desert was first described in scientific literature in the late 1920s. This bird is known informally as the Woofen-poof — because of the sound it makes when it takes off from the desert sand.
- Video: Second Cahow Chick Revealed March 12, 2020As scientists, students, and viewers from around the world watched online, a second Cahow chick hatched live on camera, following the first hatching of the season on February 28. A spokesperson said, “Scientists, students, and followers around the world were watching as the new chick in the CahowCam2 burrow was finally revealed. “Its peeps had […]
- ‘Hatching Alert’ For Online Cahow Cam March 7, 2020The egg on CahowCam2 is on “hatching alert” this evening [March 6] and the operators are urging people to tune in to watch it live via www.nonsuchisland.com March 6th 2020 | CahowCam2 parent with its egg which is expected to hatch soon “The egg being watched in CahowCam2 has now reached its 48th day of incubation […]
- Have a nature-friendly bonfire night, says the RSPB November 1, 2017The RSPB is encouraging everyone to remember wildlife when planning bonfires and firework displays this weekend.
- Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham opens a new centre for volunteering and research and finds out about the work of the Peatlands Partnership August 8, 2017New research centre will help scientists discover the secrets of the Flow Country
- RSPB appeal for help naming 100,000 knot on Norfolk nature reserve July 27, 2017The RSPB is calling on the public to 'Name a Knot' to support their Snettisham Hide crowdfunding appeal
- National survey fuels plans to help one of Scotland's most iconic birds July 26, 2017The latest national survey of Scotland's population of capercaillie, the world's largest grouse, estimates there to be only 1114 individuals - making it one of the country's most endangered birds.