DARTFORD BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY MEETING DATES FOR 2020 CLUB VENUE ADDRESS:- PHEONIX PLACE COMMUNITY HALL, PHEONIX PLACE, DARTFORD, KENT, DA1 2XG Revised – Monthly Club Evening Program 2020 19th March Round Table...Read More
Category: Club News & Meeting Dates
Only 7 members attended the 1st meeting of the Warwickshire BS. Some members were unable to attend due to work. The seven who made the effort had a pleasant discussion on a variety of topics. If you know Bruce Greenway his...Read More
YORKSHIRE BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY MEETING DATES FOR 2020 Details below taken from YBS Website YBS AGM 22ND FEBRUARY 2020 Lock Lane day centre, Castleford. Society AGM 2.30pm start YBS DINNER & DANCE 11TH APRIL April, Kings...Read More
AGM Minutes – 16th January 2020 (7:30pm – 9:00pm) Venue: Phoenix Place Community Hall, Phoenix Place, Dartford, Kent, DA1 2XG ATTENDEES: John Bird, Nichola Bird, Tony Pringle, Raymond Welfare, Brian Hart, Nick Evans...Read More
ALL TRIPS HAVE BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS UK Aviary Visit weekend trip – Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th May 2020 Pick Up from John’s and Lakeside. First Aviary Visit will be to David Woan’s stud (2016 world...Read More
News & Updates Attended Birmingham BS AGM The venue took a little finding but the sat-nav did its job. First impression of the new venue very nice. Unfortunately there were no signs directing you to the meeting room. Having...Read More
MID ESSEX BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY MEETING DATES FOR 2020 Meeting Venue : Margaretting Village Hall, Wantz Road, Margaretting, CM4 OEP. ALL MEETINGS CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE PLEASE CHECK ON THE MID ESSEX WEBSITE FOR THE LASTEST...Read More
LEICESTERSHIRE BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY MEETING DATES FOR 2020 , Meeting are held at the Thurmaston Old School Hall, 736 Melton Road, Thurmaston, Leicester, LE4 8BD. Meeting held on Thursdays starting at 8.00pm prompt unless...Read More
Birmingham BUDGERIGAR SOCIETY MEETING DATES FOR 2020 Meetings are held at Langley Hall Social Club, 40 Langley Hall Road, Solihull, B92 7HE Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. NOTE : NEW MEETING VENUE ...Read More
- Ultra sonic filter free humidifier safe?Can anyone tell me if ultrasonic, filter free humidifiers are safe for using in my birds room? I need to buy one asap, and all I see on Amazon are Ultrasonic ones. Please help?
- Cockateil ownersQuick question what's it like to own a cockateil? Are they calm birds in that they sit on u and not fly around constantly like a budgie. And what is the major personality differences between linnies and cockateils.
- Is this safehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/QVS-Shop-Exclusive-Stabilised-Polythene/dp/B00C7QCXV4/ref=mp_s_a_1_29?adgrpid=55943239089&dchild=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiApsiBBhCKARIsAN8o_4hm2bXdw9c5aIXlIg2ROoO0Y2XEmqkgKst0I803or3O8z-xs_TvJNMaAjugEALw_wcB&hvadid=259099282963&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1006656&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=23006586...
- Here Come the Barred Owls February 26, 2021The emphatic hoots of a pair of Barred Owls resonate in the still of a winter's night. Like many owls, Barred Owls initiate their vocal courtship in winter. And they're among the most vocal. These owls have more than a dozen calls, ranging from a "siren call" to a "wail" to a firstname.lastname@example.org (BirdNote)
- Nest Boxes Help Bring Birds Back February 25, 2021Wherever you live, chances are a sweet-singing, cavity-nesting bird would be happy to perform in your yard — and it might stick around if you offer it a cozy nest box, like the one this Carolina Wren enjoys. Natural cavities, like old woodpecker holes, are often in short supply. So putting up a email@example.com (BirdNote)
- Sanderlings February 24, 2021Here and there along winter shorelines, little flocks of pale, silvery shorebirds probe at the water's edge, keeping pace with each wave's ebb and flow. These are Sanderlings, small sandpipers that stay through the winter. Rachel Carson, in Under the Sea Wind, described Sanderlings as running "firstname.lastname@example.org (BirdNote)
- Kelp in the Eagles’ Nest February 23, 2021A pair of Bald Eagles will reuse their nest each year and repair it with new tree branches. But recently in British Columbia, scientists came across an eagle nest made largely out of dried kelp. Back in the ‘90s, that very nest had been made out of tree branches. What changed? Sea Otters email@example.com (BirdNote)
- Long-eared Owl - You Don't See Me! February 22, 2021Long-eared Owls aren’t rare, and they don’t live in remote locations. But their plumage and habits make them incredibly elusive. The mixture of warm browns and cool, bark-like grays lends the bird an astonishingly branch-like appearance. When potential predators approach, the birds close firstname.lastname@example.org (BirdNote)
- The Elegant Black Tern February 21, 2021Elegant Black Terns breed in summer on secluded wetlands across the northern states and Canada. Because of major losses of wetlands in their breeding range — especially in Canada's prairie provinces — Black Tern numbers have dropped dramatically since the 1960s. The future of this beautiful email@example.com (BirdNote)
- Altamira Oriole February 20, 2021It was only in 1939 that this Altamira Oriole was first found north of the Rio Grande River. Now it happily visits residents on the Texas side of the river, especially where a juicy orange half waits in a backyard feeder. Northerly breeding orioles, like Bullock's in the West and the Baltimore firstname.lastname@example.org (BirdNote)
- Column: Rediscovery Of The Bermuda Cahow January 28, 2021[Opinion column written by Glenn Fubler] The January 28, 1951 rediscovery of the Cahow – a sea bird which once flourished in Bermuda, but was thought to be extinct for 300 years – was a watershed event. That revelation had both local and global implications as it was symbolic of the type of rebirth being […]
- Virtual Cahow Lunch & Learn On January 28 January 24, 2021In celebration of the 70th anniversary of the rediscovery of the Cahow, a virtual lunch and learn event will be held on Thursday [Jan 28], with guest speakers Dr. David Wingate, Miguel Mejias, and Jeremy Maderios taking part. A spokesperson said, “In celebration of the iconic 70th anniversary of the rediscovery of the Cahow, a […]
- Have a nature-friendly bonfire night, says the RSPB November 1, 2017The RSPB is encouraging everyone to remember wildlife when planning bonfires and firework displays this weekend.
- Environment Secretary Roseanna Cunningham opens a new centre for volunteering and research and finds out about the work of the Peatlands Partnership August 8, 2017New research centre will help scientists discover the secrets of the Flow Country
- RSPB appeal for help naming 100,000 knot on Norfolk nature reserve July 27, 2017The RSPB is calling on the public to 'Name a Knot' to support their Snettisham Hide crowdfunding appeal
- National survey fuels plans to help one of Scotland's most iconic birds July 26, 2017The latest national survey of Scotland's population of capercaillie, the world's largest grouse, estimates there to be only 1114 individuals - making it one of the country's most endangered birds.